Mr. Sanjiv Singh, as Chairman of IndianOil, leads India's largest commercial enterprise and the highest-ranked Fortune 'Global 500' integrated energy major, with a sales turnover of over US$ 65 Billion, accounting for nearly half of India's petroleum products consumption and the largest refiner of the country with 11 out of 23 refineries in India.
As Chairman of the Board, Mr Singh also heads Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd, a stand-alone subsidiary refinery of IndianOil with two refineries, Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Ltd., a joint venture to set up 3 world-scale fertiliser plants, and IOT Infrastructure & Energy devices Ltd., a joint venture engaged in providing terminalling devices.
A highly respected voice in the hydrocarbons sector, Mr. Singh also holds the position of Vice-President of World LPG Association, the global authoritative voice representing the LPG industry value chain.
Mr Singh is also Chairman of Ratnagiri Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd., a joint venture of Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd, to set up a 60 MMTPA (~1.2 mbpd) refinery & petrochemicals complex on the West coast of India, which will help realise India's vision of emerging as a 'refining hub' in South Asia.
As member of national think tanks and bodies of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Govt of India, like the Centre for High Technology, Petroleum Conversation Research Association, Central Pollution Control Board and the prestigious Scientific Advisory Committee, his views are sought for policy decisions.
A chemical engineer from IIT-Roorkee, Mr. Sanjiv Singh joined IndianOil in 1981 and has served the Corporation for over 35 years. Prior to taking over as Chairman, Mr. Singh was holding the post of Director (Refineries) at IndianOil, heading its entire refineries & petrochemicals value chain comprising nine refineries and petrochemicals complexes in different parts of the country.
An ardent champion of clean & green fuels, Mr. Singh has spearheaded India's LPG transformation programme, including Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana & Smokeless Villages. Having guided the on-schedule rollout of BS-IV green fuels across the country in 2017, Mr. Singh has set a frenetic pace for IndianOil to meet the tough deadline of introducing superior BS-VI grade fuels in phases by April 2020.
Under his stewardship, capital investment projects of about US$ 15 Billion are in full swing, including various brownfield capacity expansions and modernisation of refineries & petrochemical complexes; extension of pipeline networks; upgradation/automation of 26000+ fuel stations, bulk storage terminals and LPG bottling plants; scaling up of aviation fuelling business; acquisition of oil & gas assets; expansion of overseas business; and diversification of IndianOil's energy portfolio into renewable energy, including waste-to-fuel and waste-to-power projects.
Acknowledging his sterling contribution in the hydrocarbons space, Mr. Singh was felicitated with the Fellowship Award-2016 by the Centre for Excellence in Project Management (CEPM) for setting international benchmarks in project execution. He has also been conferred the Award for outstanding contribution to the field of fuel science by the Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research.
Mr. Sanjiv Singh is a keen proponent of future-preparedness; he considers high-performance teams to be the key for organisational success. A charismatic leader, he brings out the best in both individuals and teams. Under his inspirational leadership, the year 2018 is being celebrated as the Year of Trust at IndianOil to strengthen the trust element across the business chain in order to exceed the expectations of its billion-plus customer base.
Other positions held:
- Chairman, Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- Chairman, Ratnagiri Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd.
- Chairman, Hindustan Urvarak and Rasayan Ltd.
- Chairman, IOT Infrastructure & Energy Services Ltd.
- Vice President, Paris-based World LPG Association
- Member, Governing Council of Petroleum Conservation Research Association
- Member, Governing Council of Centre for High Technology (MoPNG, GOI)
- Member, Scientific Advisory Committee of MoP&NG
- Co-Chairman, Federation of Indian Petroleum Industry
- Chairman, Hydrocarbons Skill Sector Council
- Member, Board of The IndianOil Foundation
- Former Member, Central Pollution Control Board
- Expert consultancy to Centre for High Technology (CHT) & Nigeria National Petroleum Company (NNPC), Nigeria.
- Elected as FCC panelist on American Fuel & Petrochemicals Manufacturers (AFPM) Q&A Technology Forum 2015
- Presented a paper on 'Outlook in India - Insights into its refinery-driven demand' at the 32nd Asia Pacific Petroleum Conference (APPEC 2016), the leading Oil & Gas Conference in the Pan-Asian Region, held at Singapore in September 2016.
- Presented a paper on 'Challenges in Indian Oil Refining' at the 7th Refining R&D Panel Meet organised by UOP at Bali, Indonesia, in August 2016.
- Award for outstanding contribution to the field of fuel science conferred at the International Conference on 'NexGen Technologies' for Mining and Fuel Industries hosted by CSIR-Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research.
- Fellowship Award-2016 of the Centre for Excellence in Project Management (CEPM) for conceiving new projects and leading teams towards smooth and expeditious implementation of mega projects across IndianOil refinery locations.