Indian Oil Corporation is committed to conduct business with strong environment
conscience ensuring sustainable development, safe workplaces and enrichment of quality
of life of Employees, Customers and the Community. We, at IndianOil, believe that
good S, H & E performance is an integral part of efficient and profitable business
management. We shall:
Accordingly, the Corporation's endeavour is to:
- Establish and maintain good standards for safety of the people, the processes and
- Comply with all Rules and Regulations on Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental
- Plan, design, operate and maintain all facilities, processes and procedures to secure
sustained Safety, Health and Environmental Protection.
- Remain trained, equipped and ready for effective and prompt response to accidents
- Welcome audit of our S, H & E conduct by external body, so that stakeholder
confidence is safeguarded.
- Adopt and promote industry best practices to avert accidents and improve our S,H
& E performance.
- Remain committed to be a leader in Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental
Protection through continuing improvement.
- Make efforts to preserve ecological balance and heritage.
Green Belts as Pollution Sinks
- Scientifically designed green belts have been developed at IndianOil's Gujarat and
Panipat refineries to serve as pollution sinks and to enhance the aesthetic look
of the refinery area.
- Extensive tree plantation has been undertaken by Guwahati, Digboi, Mathura, Haldia
and Barauni refineries and townships to develop green cover.
- Mathura Refinery has planted about 115,000 trees in the Taj Reserve Forest near
Taj Mahal under the 10-Point Initiative of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural
Gas for improvement of environment in the Taj Trapezium.
- Mathura Refinery has developed a sprawling area of 18,000 sq. m. around its polishing
ponds into an ecological park. A large number of migratory birds have made the ecological
park as their habitat. Experts from the Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS) have
identified about 96 varieties of birds in the park. Similar parks have also been
developed at Barauni and Gujarat refineries.
- The existence of rich flora and fauna in these parks is a clear testimony of the
clean and eco-friendly environment in and around the refineries.