First in India: Pioneering Efforts
- First R&D Centre to get ISO 14001 and 9002 Certifications
- Energy-efficient industrial oils
- Marine oil technology
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly products
- Scourable Lubricants
- Bitumen Emulsion and Multigrade Bitumen
- Engine, Rig and Analytical - Proprietary Test Methods
- Low Oil-Fuel Ratio 2-Stroke Engine Oil
- Novel domestic and industrial fuel saving appliances such as Nutan Deep wick Lamp and Nutan Jyoti Hurricane Lantern
- FCC, hydrocracker and reformer simulation models
- Novel FCC catalyst and co-promoter formulations
- Recycle FCC pilot plant design
- INDMAX Technology for conversion of Resids / Heavy ends to LPG
- "INDALIN" technology for conversion of Olefinic streams to LPG
- Needle coke technology
- Bioremediation of oily sludge
- IndeTreat/IndeSweet (CFC) based Technology for removal of mercaptan/sweetening of LPG/gasoline/ATF)
- FCC catalyst /additives
Awards and Accreditations
- FICCI Chemical and Petrochemical Award 2013
- IndianOil's solar LED lamp wins CII - National Innovative Product Award 2013
- SCOPE Meritorious Award for R&D, Technology Development & Innovation (2013)
- Environment Leadership Award to Servo Agrospray Oils - a range of eco-friendly, non toxic products for controlling pests and insects in agricultural crops (2012)
- 56 Awards in 'Spring Fest- 2012'
- Hart Energy Global Award: Refining & Energy Company of the Year award on "Unconventional Feedstock & Fuels Mandates: Operating Amid Change".
- SCOPE Meritorious Award for the year 2010-11 in the category of "R&D, Technology Development & Innovation".
- IAHE Rudolf A. Erren Award to Dr. RK Malhotra, Director (R&D) for contribution in the area of hydrogen research.
- CSIR Award for development of environment friendly, 'SERVO Agrospray Oil' for agricultural crops under S&T Innovations for Rural Development category.
- Technology Award-2010 from Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India for successful commercialization of indigenous technology of multifunctional additives.
- Chemtech CEW Award-2011 conferred for INDMAX Technology under the category of "Outstanding Achievement in Research & Development".
- Golden Peacock Eco Innovation Award for the year 2009 for development of an eco-friendly, non-toxic, poly aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) free Jute Batching Oil.
- Petrofed Innovator of the Year - Team Award (2009) for Diesel MFA.
- Petrofed Innovator of the Year - Team Award (2009-10) for Hydrotreating catalyst (INDICAT-BH-4).
- The World Petroleum Congress (WPC) - Excellence Award-2008 in the technical development category for "Hydroprocessing Technology for Green Fuels".
- Golden Peacock innovation Award 2008 for Diesel MFA.
- Golden Peacock Eco Innovation Award-2006
- National Rural Development Corporation Award for IndeTreat IndeSweet, High Performance additives, Nutan Wick Stove - 2005, 2002, 1981 SESI-Biodiesel initiatives - 2005
- Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award - 2005,1997
- DSIR Awards for I Max FCC Catalyst Additive & INDMAX, Rail road oils, Energy Conserving Lubricants -2003-04, 2002, 1993
- Institute of Petroleum, UK for Oilivorous-S - 2003
- Deptt. of Science & Technology Award for INDMAX - 2003
- United Nations WIPO Silver Medal -1996
- United Nations World Intellectual Property Organisation's Gold Medal for Nutan - an energy efficient domestic appliance (1983)