(A) Corporate Mission:
IndianOil nurtures the core values of Care, Innovation, Passion & Trust across the organization in order the deliver value to its stakeholders. Company setting high standards for ethics and value, people leading with passion to excel, Pioneering the Sprit of creativity and research, caring for the environment and community, harnessing frontier technology and Fostering relationships for life time.
(B) Business Operations :
IndianOil group of companies owns and operates 10 out of India’s 22 refineries with a combined refining capacity of 65.7 million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA, .i.e. 1.30 million barrels per day approx.).
IndianOil refineries process all major indigenous crude oil plus over 36 types of imported crude oil, from which it produces more than 60 types of petroleum products, ranging from light distillates, such as LPG, naphtha and motor spirit, to heavy ends, such as furnace oil and low sulphur heavy stock. The flexibility of processing capability allows IndianOil to vary both its crude oil inputs and petroleum product outputs to achieve the company’s desired production mix. To meet the growing domestic demand for middle distillate products, such as HSD and superior kerosene oil, IndianOil has invested in secondary processing facilities to produce these higher value added products.
IndianOil refineries are fully equipped to meet the current environmental norms in relation to product specifications in the country and are being constantly modernized and upgraded to be able to meet all future environment regulatory requirements.
Indian Oil Corporation owns and operates the largest network of crude oil and petroleum product pipelines in India. The total network of pipelines is 11,214 km with a capacity of 77.258 million metric tonnes per annum . The company’s pipelines are well positioned to supply petroleum products from its refineries and India’s ports to high demand states in northwestern India.
IndianOil and its subsidiaries account for 49% petroleum products market share. The company distributes its products directly to bulk customers and to retail customers via a network of retail outlets and dealers/distributors.
The company’s overall distribution network encompasses over 38,000 sales points incorporating its own franchise as well as independent outlets, consumer pumps, distributors etc. the substantial majority of which are governed by dealership agreements. Products are transported to the distribution points by pipeline, ship tanker, rail tankers and road tanker trucks.
Research And Development
Established in 1972 for the development of lube as well as refining process technologies, the IndianOil R&D Centre at Faridabad has completed over 35 years of glorious service to the nation. It is one of its kind in Asia and has grown into a major technological development center of international repute in the down stream areas of lubricants, pipelines and refining processes.
Developing more than 2500 formulations over the years, it has successfully perfected the state-of-the-art lube formulation technology meeting latest national and international specifications with approvals from major original equipment manufacturers. IndianOil markets around 800 grades of lubricants under the brand name "SERVO" based on its own R&D technology and is one among the six worldwide technology holders of marine oil technology. It has extensive laboratory and pilot plant facilities to successfully pursue projects in lube, refining and pipeline areas making it a unique technology centre.
Its rich reservoir of highly qualified/ specialized scientific and technical manpower has elevated this centre to global status. Having an effective IPR portfolio of 195 patents including 48 US patents, the vibrant and innovative research at the Centre has led to many technological innovations, some of which have received prestigious national and international awards. INDMAX, i-Max, OiliVorous-S, INDETreat/INDESweet are few of them. Being the nodal agency of the hydrocarbon sector for implementation of the Hydrogen energy programmes in the country, the Centre has taken up a pilot project for developing infrastructure for fuelling neat hydrogen as well as H2-CNG blended fuel and is currently in the process of setting up a Hydrogen-CNG dispensing station at COCO retail outlet in Delhi. The Centre has also taken the lead in the development and commercialisation of biodiesel.
Exploration And Production
Vertical integration along the entire hydrocarbon value chain is a key strategy for achieving growth in the hydrocarbon business. IndianOil is attempting vertical integration through E&P initiatives to secure its own equity oil so as to safeguard its business interest against the highly volatile international oil market..
IndianOil has finalised a master plan to enter into the petrochemical product line by integrating its core refining business with petrochemical activities, predominantly utilising the streams available in various refineries.
With gas emerging as preferred fuel for the utilities sectors viz., power, fertilizers and transportations, its share in the total energy basket is expected to reach 20% by the year 2025. The company has taken several initiatives to harness these growth potentials.
Overseas- Downstream Marketing
IndianOil has successfully graduated from a product exporter to a transnational energy company with establishment of two wholly owned overseas subsidiaries, Lanka IOC PLC and IndianOil (Mauritius) Limited (IOML).
(C) Functions & duties
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. has been established to carry out the objectives specified in the Memorandum & Articles of Association of the Company. The main activities of IndianOil are refining, transporting and marketing of petroleum products.
A major diversified, transnational, integrated energy company, with national leadership and a strong environment conscience, playing a national role in oil security & public distribution
- To serve the national interests in oil and related sectors in accordance and consistent with Government policies.
- To ensure maintenance of continuous and smooth supplies of petroleum products by way of crude oil refining, transportation and marketing activities and to provide appropriate assistance to consumers to conserve and use petroleum products efficiently.
- To enhance the country’s self-sufficiency in crude oil refining and build expertise in laying of crude oil and petroleum product pipelines.
- To further enhance marketing infrastructure and reseller network for providing assured service to customers throughout the country.
- To create a strong research & development base in refinery processes, product formulations, pipeline transportation and alternative fuels with a view to minimising/eliminating imports and to have next generation products.
- To optimise utilisation of refining capacity and maximise distillate yield and gross refining margin.
- To maximise utilisation of the existing facilities for improving efficiency and increasing productivity.
- To minimise fuel consumption and hydrocarbon loss in refineries and stock loss in marketing operations to effect energy conservation.
- To earn a reasonable rate of return on investment.
- To avail of all viable opportunities, both national and global, arising out of the Government of India’s policy of liberalisation and reforms.
- To achieve higher growth through mergers, acquisitions, integration and diversification by harnessing new business opportunities in oil exploration & production, petrochemicals, natural gas and downstream opportunities overseas.
- To inculcate strong ‘core values’ among the employees and continuously update skill sets for full exploitation of the new business opportunities.
- To develop operational synergies with subsidiaries and joint ventures and continuously engage across the hydrocarbon value chain for the benefit of society at large.
To provide prompt, courteous and efficient service and quality products at competitive prices
To ensure prompt dealings with integrity, impartiality and courtesy and help promote ancillary industries.
- To develop their capabilities and facilitate their advancement through appropriate training and career planning.
- To have fair dealings with recognised representatives of employees in pursuance of healthy industrial relations practices and sound personnel policies.
Towards Defence Services
- To develop techno-economically viable and environment-friendly products.
- To maintain the highest standards in respect of safety, environment protection and occupational health at all production units.
To maintain adequate supplies to Defence and other para-military services during normal as well as emergency situations.
- To ensure adequate return on the capital employed and maintain a reasonable annual dividend on equity capital.
- To ensure maximum economy in expenditure.
- To manage and operate all facilities in an efficient manner so as to generate adequate internal resources to meet revenue cost and requirements for project investment, without budgetary support.
- To develop long-term corporate plans to provide for adequate growth of the Corporation’s business.
- To reduce the cost of production of petroleum products by means of systematic cost control measures and thereby sustain market leadership through cost-competitiveness.
- To complete all planned projects within the scheduled time and approved cost.
, Directory of Officers and Workmen
IndianOil’s Employee strength (as on 31st March, 2019) is 33,498, out of which 17,704 are in the officer cadre. Grade-wise number of officers and workmen are given below :
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
Manpower as on 31st March 2019
The names of the senior executives of the Company i.e. in Grade ‘I’ (EDs) and Grade ‘H’ (GMs) as on date are given below :
||Mktg.+IBP AOD Mktg.